Supporting our Mountbatten Community
In April 2020, we made a decision to give back to our community through charitable fundraising. We were (and continue to be) very mindful of the acute pressure, loss and fear, and shock wave of uncertainty gripping our community, and our nation. We wanted to make a product that would symbolically represent unity and hope, help lift people’s spirits, whilst fundraising for a charity we wholly believe in.
The ‘Light A Rainbow Candle’ Campaign
The Rainbow has been widespread across the globe serving just this purpose, by roadsides, on pathways, shop windows and homes – and so our ‘Light A Rainbow Candle’ campaign went from concept to go-live very quickly.
Stephanie Mackrill Photography provided her professional services free of charge to support the campaign and we also received some free marketing materials from Ravenprint & Design of Cowes, too. Having their help along the way, plus the ongoing support of Emma Johnson from Signature Marketing for social media communications and web development, meant we could adapt and respond proactively, for which we are very thankful.
Supporting Mountbatten Isle of Wight
The Rainbow Collection quickly evolved and now work with our friends, and local artisans Kirstie and Paul Hayler of Firestone Studios. They hand-throw and glaze pottery that beautifully complement the materials and style we use. These have been hugely popular, as people love to enjoy something handmade and unique.
Company, conversation and compassion
We have enjoyed some laughter, social distanced fabulous company – and also some moving conversations with you, our customers. Also we have read and transcribed your personal messages for the gift tags we have posted for you to your loved ones. Sometimes these have left a big lump in our throats.
Taking the time to listen with compassion and show understanding for the connection to Mountbatten, continues to be wholly fulfilling. Many of you aren’t directly connected – you just love to know that you are somehow, somewhere, contributing to those who need support the most.
- In just 5 weeks we have made and sold over 800 rainbow candles, across the UK
- In that time, Firestone Studios have made and sold over 40 pieces of hand thrown and glazed pottery
- Together, we have raised a fraction under £2,500
- We’ve been interviewed and given a free sponsored advert with Vectis Radio
- We have had sterling ongoing support from Mountbatten Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight Radio, The Observer, Isle of Wight County Press, Style of Wight Magazine and The Price is Wight.
- An Irish company arranged with us to use our main marketing image for a campaign called ‘New Beginnings’ near Dublin, and purchased x50 candles as part of this